This issue marks the 17th AR Emerging Architecture Awards, where the next generation of architects are honoured. The awards support architects at a key moment in their career, placing them on a global stage and promoting their work to the world.
Previous winners of the awards have included Sou Fujimoto (Japan), Thomas Heatherwick (UK), Sean Godsell (Australia), Jurgen Mayer H. (Germany) and Li Xiaodong (China).
Subscribe today and you can look forward to this special issue providing you with:
- Insight into who your rising competition is and what types of projects they’re working on.
- An exclusive look into some imaginative new projects, presented with beautiful photography, drawings, plans and insightful commentary, including the history, the social impact and the reasons why certain choices were made.
- A rare chance to see how the new generation is managing to confront complex regional issues and how they’re approaching architecture to have a positive impact on places and people.
- Giles Smith’s outrage on architecture being complicit in the appropriation and domination of real estate – how we, and young architects particularly, could increase the appeal of not buying?
- Peter Buchanan’s cautionary tale on premature recognition ruining architects – how do we distinguish architecture of relevance in today's confused times?
A subscription to AR will challenge and inspire you to reflect more deeply on the purpose of architecture, its relationship with the wider world and how it can make a difference to the way people live today.